“If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.” – Lilla Watson
Seeing where God is already at work in the margins of our world, equipping the saints of the church to do the ministry of Christ, being filled with the Holy Spirit, this is the work of MDM.
- Helping a refugee or immigrant learn English, or pass their citizenship class (IRC/Mommy and Me),
- Tutoring a refugee middle-schooler (Inspire) or mother (Mommy and Me) in English,
- Equipping a refugee to get Safe Serve certified and ready for work in a restaurant (Just Bakery)
- Sharing your knowledge and sparking the imagination of youth who have not been well served in our public schools (Solid Foundation),
- Worshiping with three New Church Developments (Shalom International Ministries, Zo Presbyterian Church, Chin Presbyterian Church) and the multi-cultural congregation (Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church) that has welcomed them in the name of the PCUSA,
- Planting a garden, spending some time on campus in prayer, or having a meal with long-time members and newly-arrived refugees.
In John’s Gospel, Jesus calls his first disciples with a simple invitation, “Come and see.” Come with open eyes, hearts, and minds, and look for where God is already at work, and then join in that work!